4.19.2013

Heaven Sent

Isn't  it funny how life turns out sometimes? Last year my first apartment was not the best (to put it lightly). I knew that I could not live the rest of my freshman year like that so I made the decision to move. I moved 2 floors above into 308 and in my new apartment I had the best roommates. It's now almost the end of sophomore year and we don't live together anymore but the friendship has remained. Even though we have opposite schedules sometimes we get lucky and get to see each other!

All of us at lunch on March 22
The first time we were all together after moving out.

The other day life got me down because it does that sometimes. Alyse and I were planning on updating on life but I had no intention of blabbering out all my feelings to her. But somehow she has this aroma around her and I just started spilling everything I was thinking to her (it's probably the psychology major in her- and maybe the fact that she is my best friend). I cannot tell you how grateful I was for her. I really needed someone that I could simply just talk to about everything. She was so selfless and she understood. Just the fact that she was willing to listen. I really got so lucky with having her as my roommate last year. 



I also had Heidie has a roommate and let me tell you, she is also probably one of the best people I know. I cannot tell you how many times she has said something that has turned my insights around. She took me home for Easter which was wonderful because like Alyse we are not able to see each other as often as we would like. She was also able to be there for a moment in my life where I needed a little more support than just my family. I am so dang lucky!



I know that life does not always turn out the way we plan. People move on, things change (marriages, moving, missions). Fights happen, people pass way, school gets the best of us, we (or people we seriously care about) get seriously ill, financial situations may arise. But through these experiences we grow, mature, and learn from them. We sometimes learn that what we may have wanted a year ago (a week, 6 months, 3 years ago etc..)  is something different but yet better. I know that we are not left alone. My Heavenly Father put my roommates in my life to help me with whatever life throws at me. I am extremely blessed because I don't think He could have picked anyone better.


No comments:

Post a Comment